Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Stampalicious Red and Pink!

This weeks challenge over on the Totally Stampalicious Blog is to create a card using the color combo Red and Pink!  These are some of my favorite colors so I had a lot of fun with this challenge!  

I know, I know.... I am a little behind in getting my card ready but honestly I have a great excuse!  Instead of uploading my card yesterday I went hiking with my mom and my friend in the beautiful Maligne Canyon!  Maligne Canyon is located in Jasper, Alberta!  I have gone there plenty of times during the warmer months but I had never thought of a winter hike and let me tell you it is absolutely spectacular!

Check out this picture of us standing in front of the frozen waterfall!  I'm on the left with my fancy pink snowpants, my mom is in the middle and my friend Susie is on the right.


Well, now that you know why I'm late getting my card uploaded!

For the challenge this week I used our Attitude Ruby stamp set for this card!  I colored her with copics, embossed the white background with my Crafts Too Daisy Flourish folder, used nesties for the ovals and a punch from my lss to create the flower border.






Thanks for stopping in and I hope you will take the time to head on over to our Totally Stampalicious Blog to play in some of our challenges!

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your card, MUFFIN! LOL...Maligne Canyon is gorgeous when frozen - you just brought back some awesome memories for me when DH and I went hiking there about 5 years ago :) Gorgeous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME...and your card is fabulous too!!!! Looks like you had a great time!!! Love that you used Ruby for this challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and the way you used the punched edge!
    What a fabulous photo, looks like a great place to hike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fabulous......that Ruby just is so sassy in the red and pink...great layout

    AND...that hike looks to be a fab scenic walk.....good for you getting out and hiking.....I envy you your energy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Awesome girl!

    You are one of my favorite people to scraplift ideas from. I am choosing you to share this Stylish Blog award with. Check out my blog at: http://bankingoncrafts.blogspot.com/ to see what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete